Scooby Newbie

Member#: 320510
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2010 WRX Sedan
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezio View Post
'Should be' and 'are' can sometimes be quite different.

245/40r18's are going to be pretty darn huge. The fellow earlier with that size on a +40 wheel with stock fenders is the first time I've seen anyone get that much tire with that low an offset on a narrow body (no fender work). I don't think I could fit that setup on my sedan, but I'm just guessing as I haven't tried.
Do you have a sedan or hatch? I can't remember.
In anycase, the only way how low you are is going to effect it is if the 'higher' riding people never compress the suspension enough (bumps/corners) to where the 'low' people get to. I run mine through the entire length of suspension travel, so it really doesn't much matter what my ride height is at.
There certainly are differences in size for different brands/models, perhaps the fellows rubbing with 235/40R18's on +45 wheels had StarSpecs or something, beats me...
I am one of the fellows running 235/40/R18s on 18 x 8.5 +45 Offset. I have stock suspension. The tires are Bridgestone Potenzas RE-11s. I do not think that they run as wide as the Dunlop StarSpecs and I rub in the rears on bumps and in the fronts on the fender lining plastic when turning on a bump. My city's roads just weren't built for me to put custom wheels on my car! Im finding this out the hard way and going to have to travel south to get my fenders rolled and the plastic trimmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP n Gold View Post
I think it's going to depend on how low you are, and also how tires vary from brand to brand. I have 18x8.5 +44 and 225/40/18 on my sedan and there's a solid two finger gap of clearance between my tire and fender. 245/40/18s are next.
Are you on stock suspension like me? As Breezio explained previously about having stiffer lowered suspension setups, it just makes sense now to me that there is less car movement on a bump or corner for the fenders to rub. Id consider stiffer springs, but the road quality blows up here in Northern BC, Canada not to mention the snow and ice bumps in the winter.

Here's a new pic of my setup.
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/...X/P7060464.jpg
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BC_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote