Member#: 175888
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
pearl white

Quote:
Originally Posted by the suicidal eggroll View Post
No

But you re-tuned the car, it's the OEM tune that's the problem, you're no longer using the OEM tune, so where's the problem?

I don't have a problem on my car yet....... But I'm not so sure it's all in the stock tune I have found alot of people online and at the local tuning shops recently with similar issues on tuned and reflashed 07 sti's. If the rings are weak they are weak regardless of the tune. Sure a differnt tune would help if the oem tune is truly that bad, but this just means that 07 sti's are more prone to breaking.

And the way the rings broke is what is so weird. He drove it 20 miles, parked it for 30 minutes then when he started it up SMOKE. Took it 1.5 miles to the dealership and broken rings and damaged block. No weird idle, no check engine light, no symptoms other than smoke. Is that how they go out? Or were they already going out and just happened to smoke at that point? The dealership did a freeze frame of the missfire they found on the obd2 and the missfire happened at idle. They said the check engine light hadn't came on yet because the car had just detected the missfire and it has to detect the missfire multiple times before tripping the check engine light.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by 07pearlwhiteSti; 12-23-2008 at 03:19 PM.
07pearlwhiteSti is offline   Reply With Quote