View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
PiNPOiNT
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 131121
Default Clutch gone at 18k on a new 07?

So last night during a nice drive along the coast in Oregon and my new 07 wrx's clutch suddenly started acting weird. I would apply gas and the rev's would go up but the car wouldn't go faster. I called my dealership and they said it sounds like my clutch is giving out and that i should get to a dealership as soon as possible. The car stopped working about 1 hour later.

Its a brand new 07 wrx and only has 18000 miles on it. It seems really strange that a clutch would give out that soon. I've been driving it properly and sometimes a bit harder that usual, but seriously... 18k?

I called SOA and they claim that "its possible depending on driving conditions etc etc etc." They said that if its something "other than abuse" that its covered under warranty, but they really have to take it apart to check.

I have a few questions that hopefully you fantastic members would be able to help me with.

1 - If the dealership takes it apart and feels that i abused it, can i request them to get a second opinion from SOA?

2 - Should a clutch have gone that soon on a brand new car at 18k?

3 - What other types of problems could have caused my clutch to break so soon?

4 - My car has been in the shop a lot in the year i've owned it, what are the details of the "lemon law" with subaru (going to do more research just thought i'd ask)

5 - Do you have any other tips for working through this so i can possibly get it covered by warranty?

Thank you all for all of your help with this. I will answer any questions as soon as i can and keep you all posted as to how it unfolds.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
PiNPOiNT is offline   Reply With Quote