blackfang
Scooby Guru

Member#: 131347
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2007 Legacy 2.5i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiNPOiNT View Post
1 - If the dealership takes it apart and feels that i abused it, can i request them to get a second opinion from SOA?
SOA is who declines the coverage, nobody else can. If you take it to another dealer for a second look in case you disagree with the first dealer, expect to pay for a tear down as well in order to see what really happened. However, that dealer should inform you of that up front and they should contact SOA before declining coverage as only SOA can declined a covered repair. Keep in mind SOA administers the warranty.

Quote:
2 - Should a clutch have gone that soon on a brand new car at 18k?
What Jamie said. You can kill a clutch a lot sooner than 18,000 miles if it has been driven incorrectly.

Quote:
3 - What other types of problems could have caused my clutch to break so soon?
Driver error, defective parts that break.

Quote:
4 - My car has been in the shop a lot in the year i've owned it, what are the details of the "lemon law" with subaru (going to do more research just thought i'd ask)
Each state is different and usually it has to be for the same repairs made. Look up your local states law regarding that.

Quote:
5 - Do you have any other tips for working through this so i can possibly get it covered by warranty?
Be polite and professionaal with the Dealer and SOA. Difficult customers who try to strongarm the dealer/SOA usually do not get things resolved as fast as they could. Do not mention the word lawyer unless you are ready to buck, because they may just take you on it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
blackfang is offline   Reply With Quote