View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 03:00 PM   #1
brokemypiston
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 31209
Vehicle:
2000 GC8

Default Warning To Those That Try Crown Auto Wash In Hillsborough, NJ

I was over in a friend's town of Hillsborough, NJ this weekend and figured I'd get my car washed, figured it was a little dirty and wanted to clean it up. I went to Crown's auto wash in town. So I drive in and put it in neutral (conveyor system). As I'm going through, right between the blowers to dry the car and the rinse off stage, I hear a loud pop sound. I then see out of the back window of my car something that looks like a windshield wiper blade. So I figured maybe I lost a blade, not so bad I guess. I get out of the car and find half of the roof moulding on top of my GC8 pulled out and folded in half. I then parked the car off to the side and brought one of the workers out to take a look at it. Nice enough guy, said he wasn't sure what to do, but for me to bring in the car tomorrow and have the manager take a look at it, he'd be able to take care of it for me. So I stop by this morning and the manager walks out and says, it must be because the moulding was loose and fell out (mind you the clips of the moulding are all broken where it was pulled and even if it was slightly loose, something would have had to have grabbed it and I doubt I would have heard a pop if it "fell out). He then said that they are not responsible for what happened. So I went over to the local police department and filed an accident report, but the officer pretty much told me that the car wash has a sign posted saying they are not held responsible for damages done to the car. So I went back to the car wash, took pictures of the entire outside of the building, no signs posted anywhere. So I'm calling the better business bureau tomorrow, but thought I'd give ouy guys a heads up on how these people work. (also, for reference, I've been taking my car to auto washes of this sort for the last 2 years, never had an issue, but this was the first time I've gone to this particular wash). Just something for you guys to keep in mind of if you ever think of getting your car washed in that area.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
brokemypiston is offline   Reply With Quote