saloonracer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 62687
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2007 Its a Suby
Yeah..its stock :)

Default test run

I did a quick mod using a SRT-4 paper filter <conical> and the stock intake elbow coming from the airbox.
I am very pleased with the big difference this little mod made. Now mind you all i did was move the filter from the box to the end of the intake.

More responsive in all gears,
Feels like theres more torque all over the place,
The powerband feels perfectly smooth all the way to cut out.
Top end has improved a little. I think there will be a bigger difference here once the intake diameter has increased.
The sound of the car has changed dramatically. There seems to be hardly any machanical intake noise. I think this is because the fins inside the box are working alot better now since the filter isnt there. could be acting like resonators of some sort. My magnaflow street series muffler sounds the bollox. I was going to change it to something louder but now it sounds more BOXER all the time...not only when it heats up. Any ideas why?

Now I was still using the stock intake piece so next up is to get a 3" intake pipe running from the fender to the airbox using a higher flow filter.

I am honestly very impressed. What i want to do is run my RS against my brothers Spec v (its the 04 with updated software) in stock form then after the mod...run it again and see if theres any difference. This is the only form of comparison I have. recording it all ofcourse.
I will post pictures of this step tommorow asap.

cheers

I have a big smile on my face..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
saloonracer is offline   Reply With Quote