Ihaveawagon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 366807
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexblake View Post
Hybrids need to be machined correctly to take care of those issues. But, if your tuner want's something different, go with what he recommends.

A fmic is going to make power easier, less prone to heat soak (inherently safer), and cause minimal lag at best (i.e., probably not discernible). My lag "increased" by 200 rpms, I'll chalk that up to environmental conditions.

Avoid ebay tmic. Some seem to work ok, some suck, and either way they are just ripping off an actual companies hard work. Support the legit company.

You don't need colder plugs. Colder plugs actually seem to work worse in E85 applications. Just like plasma plugs or whatever fancy ones. Stick with stock copper plugs. I had great luck with those on E changing them once a year and gapped way down.
Even if the combustion chamber on the head is machined to match it still has issues. Again no on FMIC. Don't want to cut the bumper. Its not needed. Lag is lag. If i'm moving heatsoak isnt a big deal. If I can get the same product for cheaper, I'm going to go that route.

"TMICs and FMICs: Probably the BEST buy on eBay. Having done or seen done many intercoolers, I can honestly say that eBay pretty much ownz in the intercooler business. I've heard and seen some heroic battles with brand name intercoolers that end up looking haggard with miss-aligned pipes, offset intercooler cores, crappy fittings, missing hardware. Every eBay intercooler I've seen or heard of fits like crazy, is cheap as crap, and is 10 times better than the name brand units." - Unabomber
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...php?p=22688922

Only going to use copper for tuning. I am not going to run my car full time on copper plugs. They wear out faster and have no actual proof of increasing anything. Still looking for more information on temperature with e85. I've seen both directions. Will talk to tuner.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ihaveawagon is offline   Reply With Quote