Scooby Guru

Member#: 22923
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Default What are you listening to?

Brothers and Sisters.

Things are quiet this time of year up here in the ice and snow, the lack of sunlight, the low temps.

I frequent several other motor-sports forums...mostly the 2 wheeled type.

There is a long running thread up in one of them that is a constantly contributed to. It feeds that particular group. I thought it may be cool to have this local forum get a similar one up and running.

It is......what are you listening to?

Music is a huge part of my life. I love music. I can't truly live without it. I listen to it on my laptop, on my garage stereo, in my baddASS SloPOKE installed system in the Bugeye, and on my I-PHONE when I am working or even when I am riding the APRILIA.

Music is important, it feeds the soul, it can lift a heavy heart, it can soothe your pain, it can get you pumped, it can help you forget your sorrows, it can wake you up, put you to sleep....change your mood, or shift your paradigm.

I've lived longer than most of you. I have been following music for a longgggggggg time, the genres, the styles, the classifications. Fads come and go, classics endure.....tastes refine.

I have a huge database nearing 700GB from purchased music. I enjoy selections from each genre, age, and area. It has been soooo cool to do this all my years, from age 10 or so onwards. I have vinyl, cassette tapes and CD's from my youth on up to present day. It has been so cool raising my younguns too, listening to what they listen to, enduring the teeny bopper stuff (from my daughter), the death metal (from my teenaged boy). Being introduced to something you normally wouldn't listen to and getting you out of the rut you may happen to be in.

I am not doing this to fill space but to provide a service to our local NASIOC community. I hope that the mods will allow this...If not, I totally understand.

So here goes.
Some of you know that I am originally from Florida. I lived in the south till I was 27 or so. I heard some great bands live. One of the best that never made it too big on the national scene was STRANGER. I get homesick this time of year. I am hungry to hear the sounds of my roots.

Their debut was in 1982. yes, I am that old. I graduated high school in 1985. They were local legends. They were huge on the local club scene and played often at a club called "DUBS"...where member of the the Eagles, Bob Seger and Tom Petty got their starts.

This is what I am listening to right now.

please add what you are listening to and let this thread LIVE!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Nomadgene; 03-05-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Nomadgene is offline   Reply With Quote