Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #19
SoapBox
Scooby Guru

Member#: 204578

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdwrx View Post
@Soupbox

Refinement is going to be expected in more modern cars
A more numb driving experience is not refinement. They indicate, in fact, that several of its other competitors (Porsche GTS, CTSV, etc.) offer better driving experiences, and not at the expense of refinement.

You're, of course, entitled to your opinion. But I just can't fathom how you can considers a larger, more isolated, more numb M5 "more of an M car".

Again, that's EXACTLY the opposite of what made M cars different. Perhaps you'd give up some power for a better driving experience. BMW did the opposite.

It's the same **** they did with the new 3. The same bad reviews are coming in for that car now too. It's a change in philosophy at BMW. That's fine, they'll sell more cars. But not everyone has to like it.

BMWs aren't special driver's cars anymore. There are alternatives that drive better. Which is sad to say. That is what made then special, and loved by people who love driving.

You ever hear that V10, with an open exhaust, at full chant? That's the thing dreams are made of. Who dreams about this new M5? And why? Artificial engine sounds pumped into the speakers? ****ty chassis/steering feel? Wow, thanks a pantload chet.

Again, it's fast, huge, isolated and soft. Those are not really M car traits. Why didn't they just call it a 560?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by SoapBox; 05-09-2013 at 11:14 AM.
SoapBox is offline   Reply With Quote