Old 09-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #9
xtsix
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 224715
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
wrb

with an 05+ factory turbo car the entire harness needs to be swapped due to drive by wire, dash harness engine harness and front harness, then i had to wire in the body control module so the tail lights turn signals and interior lights would work, then i had to re pin the dash harness connector for the 06 dash to work with the 04 legacy harness. if i had an n/a baja everything would have been easy. i had to swap in an n/a crossmember from i think an 05 forrester, to clear the exhaust. it only took 1/2 hour to swap. i still have the turbo x-member though for when i decide to go turbo. the engine swap itself only took 2 hours total. and all together i probably have about 80 hours in wiring, but i am anal about soldering every connection and using waterproof heat shrink tubing, so that number could be shortened by 8-10 hours if you use crimp connectors. as far as doing the swap into a wrx, it shouldnt be hard at all, as long as its a bugeye you wont have to touch the interior wiring at all and the tranny is identical to the leggy. but even with all the troubles ive had, all in all it has been one of the easiest swaps ive ever done. dont have any vids as of yet but i will get a few more pics this weekend.

oh also to clear the exhaust the transmission filter needs to be relocated with a remote filter adapter. i used a couple earls 1119erl adapters and some -6 fittings and stainless braided hose.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xtsix is offline   Reply With Quote