Old 12-20-2007, 01:56 AM   #2
Phatron
Scooby Guru

Member#: 36033
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Try and find this excel file if you dont have it...."Log file Interpolation ver2p8 public Apr18"

Not sure how good it will be for your RS, but i like it for my wrx. Lots of macros to graph out all your logs.

On the wrx the timing shape should be a mirror of your load, again not sure about the RS.

I have modified my Timing table to be like ride5000's where you just set the advance to one value (i have mine at 10) so when its not 10 you can easily see it.

Also, think of your base timing map as what your car can decrease to in a knock event.

I mean you could set your base map all negative and run 40* of advance, then your car has the ability to pull 40*. Thats overboard, i was just using it to illustrate the point. So i agree with the comment at the end of #5.

I have been tempted to set my whole advance from 10* to 20* without changing the base map just to see what happens. My theory is that it should pull timing down to where its happy then i can go back in and set the advance to that value, or change the base map value accordingly to keep a single advance #.

As for what steps to advance timing, in my experience i can advance timing 3* and not feel the difference. Same with decreasing it. Im not saying this is what you should do, but increaing by 0.35 steps is very painstaking....change map, reload, go do several WOT pulls, go over data, repeat....doing that by 0.35* steps will take forever.

When i first started playing with enginuity around 2 months ago i would have FBKC and FLKC alll the time during non-WOT pulls and a little during WOT pulls. In the last 3 days i havent had any FLKC or FBKC at all when i have been logging. IAM =16 always, KC = 10 always and ADV = 10 always and my timing map is very smooth.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote