Scooby Newbie

Member#: 159833
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Dark Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
gigoypotpot, welcome aboard mate. I'm glad more and more people are getting the 2008 and not afraid of the look of the car's new body style. I can't stop looking at mine.

I drove approx. 80 miles yesterday and I saw that I got a peak at 33mpg, constant 30mph. I realized the only time I got a number like that would be if I drive conservative. For instance anyone who knows the route 206, it has it's uphills and downhills, I would let it coast downhill and I would watch the mpg increase. I wouldn't drive as aggressively and now second day driving (I've got at least 40XX miles on the dial) my mpg is getting 27.9mpg.
Ive driven mine close to the same way when city driving sometimes and notice my mpg goes up to mid to high 30s(seen as high as 45 mpg) in the city when really babying the car, but as soon as it goes on the highway at 70 in cruise it will drop DOWN each mile I tach on down to about 29-30 mpg(with uphill driving dropping it a ton). Of course its hard to always drive really easy like that, but I get my days where I'm all about saving as much gas as I possibly can.

Also has anyone ever reset your trip as youre on the highway and it starts at about 13 mpg, then gradually goes up to about 27 in a 20 mile highway trip at 70 mph with cruise on? Ive tried it a few times just to see exactly what my highway mileage is but it doesnt seem to work the way I would think. A little over 13,000 miles on my car now, mostly highway miles.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AWDSubie08 is offline   Reply With Quote