View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 04:11 PM   #15
hartage
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 71141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson
revving to higher rpms before valve float is a discussion in mental masturbation. How high are you gonna rev? A SOHC EJ25 head with upgraded springs can rev to 8000rpms, no problem. Sure, a built DOHC head can rev to 9000rpms without float, but unless you spend the big $$$ on a bucket over shim conversion, you are gonna spit shims at that rpms. Otherwise, with upgraded springs the max I would personally rev the shim over bucket heads to is about the same 8000rpms.

AND, you had better have a monster freakin turbo on there if you are going up there or there is just no point. Most of the turbos that most people are using around here don't blow enough cfm's up there to be efficient up there and 7500 tends to be the number where most people redline around here.

If you have enough $$$ you can build anything, but I prefer to keep my tech discussions grounded in the world of mortal working man and human horsepower desires...
The parameters of the discussion were already set. It was simply SOHC vs DOHC. Did you read ANYTHING from the original post mentioning anything about cost? If you are going to inject your own opinions and put your own limitations to the discussion you don't have to sound like a JERK.

Learn to participate in a discussion without putting your own narrow mindedness into it. READ THE ORIGINAL POST. Point out to me where it said anything outside of dohc vs sohc.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hartage is offline   Reply With Quote