Old 09-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #886
Scooby South
Subtly Outspoken

Member#: 238
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
OG05 STi
51E

Hello all .. car is 90 Days old today..4113 miles..
did a 1100 mile travel trip last week with the wife and she commented how comfortable the car was to travel in... Thats with KW Var 3 Coilovers. Plates and a performance alignment. 32.4 mpg avg. Car has had one oil change.. then threw a P0019 Code 30 mins later.. Dealership had the car ..swapped out the AVCS Sensors from one side to the other and the code hasn't come back yet.. Car is just awesome to drive.. It has a number of Trophies already, including 2 FTDs and 3 Index wins. its been 1st, 2nd on numerous Autocrosses that its been involved in with some great co-drivers.. 10 events in the last 3 monthes..and its just now coming into it own..and I am starting to trust the car...more and more.. .. Next year will be a full assault on ST on a National level. The car is an absolute delight to drive. Its been on the Alignment rack 4 times. Still running Hankook RS3's with no issues with rubbing or grip.. I have done a intake mod.. and replaced the filter with a K&N panel...with the noise generator delete.. Car weighs about 2634 right now.. The only other issue I am having is that my Power outlett in the console died... checked the fuses and they appear to be good still ...BTW..if you havn't checked your fuses..they are the Micro Fuse..for the panel under the dash.. I still have plans to get the car down to about 2500 lbs.. still need to do a header/exhaust that conforms to ST legal rules.. Still need a tune...but not sold on ECUTEC yet.. I fully expect to see different options as time goes on. ..I don't expect to change the Diff out anytime soon either as the stock torsion is doing fine for my needs ... not experiencing any inside wheel lift and the car remains planted as hard as I am driving it.. Expecting some other goodies from Kartboy in the future... Car tops out at 59.6 MPH in 2nd.. so the 'soft' Rev limit is kinda annoying.. when I do get a tune I will raise the Redline about 500 rpms and probably go to a 255 tire for the extra gearing it provides. Car still gets alot of looks...thumbs up...and conversation where ever I drive it to... ...OVERALL ..Very Satisfied with my purchase..... Special thanks to Kartboy, Wheeldude, Strano Performance for all their help...I have no doubt this thing will be a TOP Contender for 2013..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby South is offline   Reply With Quote