Scooby Newbie

Member#: 111653
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX STi
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutupnshift04 View Post
As safe as a turbo LOL. Ok drive to your local road coarse track and spray nitrous for 8 hours straight and report back to me. Nitrous is more dangerous then not running nitrous..any hp increase is. But to say that nitrous is as safe as a turbo kit is a joke and makes you sound stupid. Can nitrous be ran in short bursts repeatedly on a solid tune ABSOLUTELY. That doesnt mean its reliable as a non nitrous car. Meth is safe to run all day everyday. Spray nitrous all day everyday stop light to stop light apex to apex and then come see me.
Ugh, just stop.

Adding nitrous and adding a turbo are doing the same thing, adding more oxygen into the intake charge.

Nitrous has a bad reputation because people a.) install it wrong b.) don't tune it correctly c.) abuse it.

A straight comparison of nitrous vs. boost use isn't a direct comparison anyway. With nitrous, the extra combustible air is instantly available. It would be like your turbo being on a switch, where it either provided 20psi or nothing at all. If you were constantly running peak boost, including off idle, of course that would be terrible for your engine.

Safe nitrous use is just about using it intelligently, all there is to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEyeII View Post
It cost me about $33 to refill plus the time to run down there etc.
Cheapest I ever found around me was $50 a fill
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by csullivan; 06-01-2012 at 11:23 AM.
csullivan is offline   Reply With Quote