White out
Scooby Guru

Member#: 46277
Vehicle:
H1 Viper
LP640 FGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Nick View Post
I'm the other side - no way would I give up my GT3RS for a GTR. But I would consider a GTR for a DD, and I would likely Switzerize it so my Peepee could be extra long!

Question is how the changes for '14 will affect the driving experience.
Bwahahaha!!
Your 911 is a lot nicer than mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
This thread appears to be an endless cycle of one group of people saying "but this is more fun" and the other group yelling back "but this is faster" with one simply never understanding the other.

Every point has been made 15 times apiece, nobody will convince anybody to change their mind and this thread should be locked.
That's the problem, people that haven't driven high performance automated manual gearboxes have no clue to how much fun they are. Aside from 991 PDK, GTR, and e-gear (haven't driven F1); no other automated manual I've driven is a 1/4 of the enjoyable factor of those. The GTR & e-gear don't make you feel devoid of mechanical control (even though you are); I'm sure the PDK option with big paddles would add this to the 991. Where every other DSG I've driven has made me want ram the car into a tree.

I guess the best way to explain how much better these automated manuals is: the difference between the pedal & shift feel of a Corolla manual and F430 manual (or 997.2 Turbo; LP570-4; etc).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
White out is offline   Reply With Quote