View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
WRXTIM
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 213496
Vehicle:
09 WRX
Dark Gray

Default How many of you are driving your cars in STOCK form?

When I purchased my car in June 2009, the plan was to keep it stock and not void any warranties, until I hit 60k and was out of warranty.

In the mean time, to satisfy my obsession with cars, I purchased a 1955 Chevy Bel Air and was in the process of modding/restoring it.

Then, Sandy came along and the wifey & I decided it was time to move (house was unharmed...but after Irene and Sandy, we just got tired of living in a flood-proned area and dealing with black-outs, etc...).

We purchased an old Victorian that needs to be restored, which meant restoring an old car would have to wait. The Chevy was 90% complete and ended up selling it for a little over 2 grand more than what I had into it. Not bad...

Now, I've noticed a trend going on in my head when I start thinking about modding my wrx again...

It seems like the only time I'm thinking of bigger turbos, coilovers, e85, etc etc...is when I'm bored at work and on NASIOC, or when I'm at Broken Motorsports and I see all kinds of projects all over Billy's shop. I get all into it and start searching craigslist and the classifieds on here for all kinds of stuff.

But then, the moment I'm in my car and actually driving and enjoying it, I realize how much I like it just the way it is. Nice & quiet, 110% reliable (never gave me any serious issues, ever), and I decide the last thing I want to do, is start F'ing with it, changing things, that then cause me to have to change other things...etc etc.

I don't know if this has to do with getting older (wiser?), or just tired of modding cars just to make them less reliable and eventually selling the car for THOUSANDS less than what I have into it or what. I think I've decided that if I ever feel the need to go faster, or want something nicer, I'll simply upgrade and get a used 911 or something.

So, just wondering how many people on here with WRX's, STI's or any other cars you had plans for, have simply left the car untouched?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRXTIM is offline   Reply With Quote