View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 06:24 PM   #24
plastikman8
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2096
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza RS
Silver

Sorry for the delay of a couple of days, but for record purposes I would like to mention the "bizzare sequence" for getting out of the car with a Compustar.

It is pretty easy....put in neutral, take foot off brake, pull E-brake, take key out of ignition, leave car...when all doors close the system kills the engine, and arms the alarm automatically...then the remote plays a cheezy little tune....

The toughest part for me is remembering to turn the headlights off before I get out of the car....I have always left them on until now....

As for the system, I just had it installed 2 weeks ago, I do really like it, but I am disapointed by its range....1/4 mile?...maybe on a clear day with the planets aligned, and in a vacuum naw it is pretty good...it just doesn't work with steel buildings very well...and it seems like everything is steel anymore....The remote page is novel...if someone taps the windshield over a sticker in the corner the remote rings...of course this is useless if you are in a steel building...I might have to upgrade to the new spread spectrum next year...supposedly WAY better range. Oh yeah it has a super bright blue flashing LED in the car that illuminates the whole cabin! really cool!

Later,
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
plastikman8 is offline   Reply With Quote