View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #125
MeanMrMustardRo
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 207408

I just had the worst experience with South Coast Subaru in Costa Mesa, CA.

I took my car in at 7:45 am Tuesday 3/31/09 for the 75,000 mile intermediate service. A couple hours later, I get a phone call saying that I need new brake pads and that my brake fluid needs to be replaced. Sounds fine, so I give them the go ahead to do the repairs.

By the end of the day, I did not receive any phone calls, which was strange as I thought that service depts usually call to tell you if they need to keep your car overnight. Still, I figured that it was an honest mistake, and assumed that I would get a call in the morning to update me on the status of my car.

Having still not received any phone calls by 11:00 am on Wednesday 4/1/09, I decided to call myself and check up on my car. Mark picked up the phone, took down my telephone number and told me that he would get back to me in 15 minutes with the status of my car. 5 hours later, still no phone call, so I called again on my lunch break from work (luckily my wife is on spring break right now, so she was able to take me to work). Again Mark picked up the phone, took down my phone number, and this time told me that he would personally check on the car and get back to me with a status update. I never got that call either.

It is now Thursday 4/2/09, and I called at about 9:00 am and left a message. Two hours later, no return call. So finally my wife and I drove down to the dealership to see what was going on.

We asked for the general manager, who was supposed to be in, but no one knew his whereabouts. So we went to the service desk to talk to someone there. There we spoke to Marcos, to whom I explain the situation. He asked who took my car in, so I handed in the initial estimate paperwork. After looking at the document, he saw that the name on the account is Seop Ro (that is my father, my name is Mike Ro) and exclaims "No wonder we couldn't find the car!" He said that they have been looking under the name Mike not Seop, and that he had received my message, but could not find anything under Mike Ro. He then proceeded to go check on my car, and came back saying that THE WORK HAD ALREADY BEEN COMPLETED TWO DAYS AGO and that my car was ready to be picked up.

Ok, now I understand that if the name on the acct is Seop and they're looking for Mike, that can cause some confusion, but is that any excuse to not call me back at all? The last names are the same, and if I'm calling in about a car, wouldn't you think that I probably have one in the shop and that maybe there is some sort of discrepency somewhere?

The thing that makes the least amount of sense is that if the work had been completed on the 31st, why had no one called to inform me that the car was ready to be picked up? At first I thought that maybe they had been calling my father on accident, but I checked with him and he said that he has not received any phone calls from Subaru. Plus, the phone number on the account is mine (as is shown on all the printouts from the service dept), which is the same number I left when dropping off the car and each time I called in. Also, wouldn't it have made sense to call me to check why my name was not coming up in their system?

I will never take my car back to South Coast Subaru because, not only did they sit on my ready to be picked up car for 1 1/2 days w/o making any attempt to call me in, but they apparantly do not feel that their customers are important enough for return/followup phone calls.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MeanMrMustardRo is offline   Reply With Quote