View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
Davenow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 23676
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:

I have it kicking on at about 6PSI.. I dont like it starting that early, so I am thinking about pushing it back to 8PSI to save some alch. This will slow spool a little because I wont be able to push the timing and fueling until after 8PSI now instead of 6, but when driving around town, thats wont matter. ALthough honestly, I dont think I want to give up the fast spool that I now enjoy.

I have it set to hit full peak spray by 15PSI so that I have a constand flow from 15PSI to my max boost, 20PSI. This works very well, and all I have to do is pull a bit more fuel in the 15-17PSI range. Not a big deal.

Setting it at 3-4 PSI would be nice because you could go real agressive from that piont up, which would get you from 3-4 PSI to your peak boost faster/harder. HOWEVER you would empty your tank really fast, because at part throttle you hit 3-4 PSI quite often. This is why I am thinking about reseting mine (which means more map tweaking) to after 7PSI so that up to wastegate boost (part throttle around town doesnt go past it most of the time) so that it nly sprays when I am on it harder.
The problem with that is as you said (you are correct), if I move the minimum higher, I will have less alch spraying everywhere. I can help counteract this by moving the max down a PSI or so though...

More likely, what I am going to do is put in an on/off switch for the alch injection and just run my no spray map while tooling around town.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Davenow is offline   Reply With Quote