Old 05-10-2004, 02:55 AM   #10
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru

Member#: 32669
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4+ hybrid STi

Default Re: Installed New Style Tein Flex's this evening, Question ...

Quote:
Originally posted by makofoto
Arnie led us in installing my new Tein Flex's tonight ... the big surprise ... 550/450 isn't at all harsh on the street! Especially with the dampening at full soft. I was also very surprised at how effortless it is to change the dampening settings.

The Tein Flex manual suggests ride heights of 13.2 inches in the front and 12.8 in the rear. Most of the info on this forum suggests 13.5 front and rear. Friday morning I'm getting aligned ... and hopefully Darrin will have time to do a corner balancing first. Should we aim our corner balancing around 13.5 all around ... or use the Tein suggested heights as our starting point?

Hopefully during this weekends two day AX school, I'll have an opportunity to have my instructor ... who AX's an SCCA illegal Evo 7 ... at our LOCAL events ... help me set up the cars balance, dampners, etc. The CA Speedway parking lot is pretty smooth ... and it's where our next local championship event will be held ... so perhaps the low heights will work out. I feel the car is a bit too low ... and I might have some rubbing issues. I'm wondering what would happen if I took some of the pre-load off of the springs ... to gain some travel. Ride heights can be adjusted separately
Could you explain to me how taking off some spring preload would add to your suspension travel. I don't see how that would work but it may be worth trying. Thanks.

KG
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote