View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #326
cyrenus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 169523
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Wagon
SWP

I'll admit I didn't read through the whole thread, but I doubt this question has come up, and so I hope it doesn't ruffle anyone's feathers. I just bought a '11 WRX and realize those stock summer tires aren't going to cut it in a N. Dakota winter.

So, my question is, will the OEM UK17s I had on my '02 WRX work fine on the '11? I'm pretty certain the bolt-spacing and offset are okay, just not sure about brake clearance. As I recall they're 17x7 with 53 offset and used a 215/45-17 tire. They've just been gathering dust for two years now, so I thought these would be great for mounting winter tires in the original 215/45-17 size. I assume it's even less of a concern to go down in size, rather than up. Any input or knowledge anyone can share is greatly appreciated. Even a scolding, if I deserve one, will be given due consideration.

CORRECTION: From doing a little research into the UK17s, it looks like they have a 55 offset. Not sure how that will affect what I've asked here.

AND ANOTHER QUESTION: I completely forgot about the TPMS -- can the sensors be added to wheels that don't come with them as OEM? Hate that TPMS stuff, sorry.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by cyrenus; 10-08-2011 at 11:42 AM.
cyrenus is offline   Reply With Quote