79letour
*** Banned ***

Member#: 302570
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus911 View Post
FWIW, the is slightly off topic, but my dad had his catalytic converter go and it was outside of the warranty. My dad made a couple calls and in the end, they sent him a check for $1300 to cover the cost to replace the converter.

They didn't have to, but they did. And this is why we've only owned Subaru's for the past 15 years or so.

I would be pissed as well if my Impreza is drinking oil (thankfully it isn't yet), but you have to have some patience, especially with a new engine and car.
Agreed but its been a year now. And I have yet to leave a dealer with less than six quarts in the crankcase. SOA promised to send a rep because of the extremely unproffessional folks at Bill Bryan. Nothing. So then I drive an hour and a half to two hours through traffic to adealer counties away and get a failed attempt at a test.
I am not very patient by nature, but its been over a year now. If you include the foresters fb oil consumption, its been since late 2010.

But all the suggestions that arent insulting or smart assed are well considered.Its just hard to keep calm when you have been fighting an uphill battle amidst personal attacks and smear campaigns.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.