Uncle Scotty
*** Banned ***

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK buy Nates beans
westcoastroasting.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bov_Rider View Post
I have recently bought a 2006 WRX TR (american specs USDM) with a very low original mileage (12000 miles) from its first owner. I really like the car and I have been a subaru fan since long time specially the WRX/STI. The car comes pure stock. I am working on the exterior modifications like STI wing, STI side skirts, Front Lip, Windows Tint and I might go for the STI complete interior swap (seats) but not sure yet because I don't wanna spend too much money except on performance.

I have purchased a WRX not an STI because of two main reasons: It's my daily driven car and I love to build a car from a base model.

As for performance modifications, here is the list for a future plan - Stage 2 Cobb Tuning:

- Cobb Accessport
- Cobb SF intake + SF box
- Cobb Turbo back exhaust system (3" SS down pipe + 3" catback)
- Cobb xle BPV
- Cobb adjustable short throw shifter (incl. the knob)
- Cobb Boost control solenoid

The tuning garage told me that I need a Pro Tune (ECU Tuning) since I am installing the intake and the BPV.

Since am not an expert, my question is why I need a Pro Tune while I have the Accessport? Is it true that the intake and BLV cause damages to the engine and are not neccessary? (I have been reading dozens of threads related to those 2 mods)

What do you think of my future plan? any comments? I do not want to go for any further complicated engine modifications in the future except maybe a front intercooler and a VF39 turbo but not at the moment.

Share your opinions.

another question related to the short throw shifter: what is the difference between the narrow and wide barrel?
i think ya got too much something goin on there.....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote