Uncle Scotty
*** Banned ***

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK buy Nates beans
westcoastroasting.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyOC949 View Post
Okay, I did a lot of searching. I found some posts about this subject. All I'm asking all you Subaru owners is, does your transmission whine in 1st and 2nd gear under acceleration.. I took my car to the Subaru dealer on Wednesday originally for the ECM recall. When I got there I asked the service advisor if he could check you the whine in my transmission. So the service advisor assigned my car to their master tech. My car has 5.6k miles on it currently. That whine has always been present since day 1. I got a call Wednesday at around 4PM. The service rep told me that the tech wanted to do a tear down of the transmission. They also stated that if it was abuse related that they would charge me a tear down of $350. They would pay the other half. If its defective then, I would pay nothing. How do I prove the noise was there since the beginning. I need all your help in being honest and clearing things up. It never occurred to me that they would want to do a tear down. The tech said that most likely they would be replacing the first and second gears. Please help me out. Thanks for all your time.
if you didnt document this with the service dept when you realized it....it may be a done deal
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote