Street's closed, pizza boy

Member#: 17301
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2018 Focus RS
2006 Evo #17 STU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsur1997 View Post
I was going through stock WRX rotors about every 10K miles (50K on car prior to new brakes) and it was getting expensive so I decided to completely upgade.
Time out. Why were you going through stock WRX rotors every 10K miles? That is not remotely normal. I got like 60-70K out of my fronts including many many autocrosses and a track event. Stuck caliper? Dragging the brakes? Pre-shaving your rotors? Track stuff?

You can buy a lot of OEM or OEMish rotors for $5K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsur1997 View Post
After I installed this kit we did about 10 brakes tests between the two cars on an old airport ramp by my house (super fun!) and my Wagon did stop about 10-15ft shorter at best and I had very minimal brake fade, he said he had some significant brake fade. We swapped cars and did it again and mine felt better, he also agreed. I would also give credit to the slotted rotors with helping to release built up gas between pads/rotor surface I guess and the tires, he was running the oem Bridgstones and I have the Dunlops.
Try switching wheels, and see what happens. The Dunlop Z1s are better tires than the RE070s. And the slots are not helping your stopping distance in any appreciable way, maybe a little extra bite, but you are still traction limited by the tires, and the gas thing should be a non issue with modern pads.

How did you measure the distance? Datalogger? If not, you are never going to know exactly where the car started decelerating.

Etc, etc.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Butt Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote