Scooby Newbie

Member#: 42323
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Silver - UTEC, Tuna, TBE

Default Re: Yo

Quote:
Originally posted by chuglobal
I just added the NOS Octane Booster from Autozone. It really killed me last night when I went "street racing" and I've never seen that many knocks since I had the UTEC, I got knock in every 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Does anyone know how long the octane "booster" takes before it dilutes into the gas? I read some of the other bottles and hey say usually near an empty tank but isn't that ironic since if I had an empty tank then I just get more fuel and hopefully solve the bad gas problem? I ran the car hard after adding it and it still knocks like crazy when WOT?
1) That NOS Octane Booster from Autozone adds POINT 7. Which is pretty crappy for the 10.99 that it costs. That basically changes your 91 octane (or whatever) to 91.7. Even that is probably stretching it because it is a generic figure that is supposed to cover every size of gas tank. Next time, add a gallon of Toulene. You can find it at Sherman Williams. Ask for the contractor discount and they sell it to you 5 gallons for 27.00. Toulene is 114 octane and will up your tank ~ 1.5 for each gallon in a Subaru. Basically you can dump in two gallons of toulene for a bottle of that NOS stuff. That would make 91 octane gas ~ 94 (93.9).

Hope that helps,

Rob
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dosage0 is offline   Reply With Quote