View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #49
scot3818
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 122994

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatton View Post
I took the easy route suggested by some. I put an inline fm modulator into my car. The sounds is pretty good on some material and sounds squashed on others. Not sure I can define what makes it ok or bad. Definitely not as good as a direct line in but really easy to put in on the tibeca and not expensive.

I havent been able to find anything about the frequency response of inline frequency modulators. I know FM is from 30 to 15,000 hz and any good radio gear will have a frequency response of about +/-1 DB over that range. But, no information seems to be available on the fm modulators. A few say they go to 15,000 but don't say how flat and most don't say anything. It would be nice to know if I have a good modulator or not.

I am pretty picky on sound quality over the whole spectrum from lows to highs so this is not the end for me but don't have time to mess with it right now.

I did find an electronics box in the center console right infront of the gear shift. I wonder if it is part of the radio system and a possible location of the ports. The box has the name denso on it and I believe they are into ignition parts more than radios so it might have nothing to do with the radio but seems a strange place for an ignition component.
I **think** that those are airbag control components given the color of the wires coming out of it. I saw it too, and decided not to mess with it
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
scot3818 is offline   Reply With Quote