blackfang
Scooby Guru

Member#: 131347
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2007 Legacy 2.5i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyofcase View Post
No, not at all but all trolling aside I wanted to help make a difference and bring this issue to resolve.

Others (they know who they are) attempt to get this thread off course. The fact remains that a faulty design is resulting in the fracture between the firewall and clutch/brake pedal assembly brace.

Denial of fault, both in factory and modded cars alike, by Subaru is unacceptable. As Bicyclewreck stated before, everyone needs to file a complaint with the NHSB website to help force a recall. Unfortunately, after that failed to yield a response this suit was the ultimate reaction.

I personally had the ability to remove my dash twice and form a permanent fix to the issue where as others may not have the time, money and/or resources to fix this issue; one issue that could have potentially detoured them from purchasing the car in the first place. After all, how many people would buy a car if they knew that part of the firewall would fail due to cost cutting and weight reduction. Doesn't safety matter any more?
This doesn't explain why I quoted you but ok.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.