View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #2691
Bochet
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 155613
Chapter/Region: South East

my buddy is selling his rig. it'd be an awesome toy for someone...a lot of really good work done to it.

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/2888566232.html

Quote:
Up for sale is a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4.7L V8 with Tow package and 3.73 gears
106k miles
clean title in hand
White/black leather
Good solid body, no rust, no leaks
Modifications:
6.75in Long arm lift with Bilstein 5125 long travel shocks and JKS quick swaybar disconnects
Upgraded transfer case to 32spline 242HD case (2wd and 4wd options instead of the factory 'quadra-trac)
Front and rear beefy Carolina Driveline Driveshafts (1350 ujoints in rear)
Front Lonestar Racing Winch Bumper with Warn M8000 winch (basically brand new)
Rear axle has Aussie Locker installed
Pro Comp 7028 wheels with 315/75/16 BFgoodrich allterrains (35's)
Iron Rock offroad Rocksliders
Bed Armor'd rock panels and some undercarriage Fuel tank has been relocated into factory spare tire area (raises fuel tank approximately 8inches for more clearance)
Transmission recently serviced and Transgo shift kit installed
Electric fan with manual in-dash switch installed to prevent overheating while crawling at slow pace
Magnaflow muffler and turndown underneath jeep, has a nice throaty tone, but not too loud.
2004 Model updated front grill
Functional Hood Louvers/Vents over engine
upgraded 160a Alternator

Jeep is mechanic owned and ive done alot of work to it over the last year:
new radiator
water pump
thermostat and housing
differential fluids up to date and heavy duty diff covers
transmission and transfer case fluid
new starter
new battery
new alternator
power steering high pressure line and new fluid
new brake pads all around
new front wheel bearings, ball joints, cv axles, tie rod ends
all suspension bushings are upgraded with lift components and relatively new
Exhaust manifold gaskets and mounting studs replaced (common problem with 4.7ls)
New headlights, all lights work
Jeep comes with a full size mounted spare and a brand new never mounted Cobra CB
No deathwobble or anything, and surprisingly little rattles for a big jeep, and pretty smooth ride.
The drivetrain is rock solid

and finally, the Not so good:
-The biggest problem with the jeep is the Heat is not working. this is a really common problem with these Jeeps, but the heater core has failed as well as the blend doors inside the HVAC box in the dash.
-The passenger rear door lock still works but has started making noise when the power locks are used
-Floor could stand to be sealed up for noise from where the fuel tank brackets were modified, its never bothered me though.
-I never bothered to swap the transfer case shifter bezels, so the shifter positions are off (ie the shifter says the jeep is in 4wd and its in 2wd). this is purely cosmetic/convenience.
-This is a big, built, heavy jeep, with a very flexy suspension and and rear locker, it doesnt drive like a sports car, it doesnt ride like a luxury car. In its current form its best served as a trail toy or a weekend camper/4x4'er
-Currently i do drive it daily and do alot of highway travel, its fine on the highway as long as you know what you're driving. My commute is part of the reason ive decided to part ways with it.
-I currently have the rear bumper off to build a rear steel bumper and tire carrier for the jeep. I can leave it off if the buyer wishes to get a rear bumper or put it back on.

Ive had this jeep a long time, and dont really need or want to sell it, just cant afford to have too many toys at once, and its time for this one to move on to someone who will use it more than i do. price is OBO probably best to email me, i work long hours during the week, thanks for looking.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Bochet is offline   Reply With Quote