wrx12tt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 108462
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Can we do a quick informal poll? For you guys that have orders on HOLD, or orders that took longer than 12 weeks, how many WRX/STi's does the dealer you ordered from currently have in stock? The two dealers I have been talking to in the Bay Area have 10 and 15 in stock or in transit. There's another dealer in LA that has 14 and seems to know their stuff. By contrast I ditched the dealer I test drove the STi at because he's only showing 3 and didn't really seem to understand what I meant when I said "special order".

I'm just wondering if maybe these hold orders are from dealers that don't have enough allocation to fill the order yet, and that if you go with a larger volume dealer you can still get them in 8-10 weeks.

I still have a couple of things to take care of financially before taking delivery, so I'd like to wait until March. If I order now and it's 8 weeks then I'm looking at end of January, and that will be a little uncomfortable. On the other hand if I wait until January to order, and then it's 4 months, then we are talking May. Again not the end of the world but I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible so I can make a somewhat informed decision as to when to pull the trigger.

...I think I just talked myself into waiting until January, but let me know what your dealers' inventories look like compared to your deliver time.
Mine was on HOLD for a few weeks and will take ~15 weeks by the time it gets here. WRX Limited 4dr w/Nav.

In contrast to the Heuberger order above, I believe I ordered it at one of the lowest volume dealers in Colorado. They have been great to me, and I'm the first order that this dealership has had this year (according to salesman). I don't think they've had any other WRX/STIs come in for inventory or orders (that I've noticed via their website), and I think mine will be the first WRX/STI when it comes in. A week after I got my ETA, they had a WRX "in-transit" which is a normal allocation (I think). Another order from my dealership was posted earlier in this thread. He ordered a few days after me, I believe.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wrx12tt is offline   Reply With Quote