Old 06-21-2000, 10:52 AM   #12
Chris F
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 494
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2008 EVO X
Silver

Whoa I had no idea when I made the post that I would stir it up so much. I did not mean to step on anybody's toes. I have my car set up with agx's and the alignment is the max camber we could muster, about 1.45 deg neg. in front with 0 toe. The divisional course had very fast transitions and the car was oversteering through them. I needed to get a little understeer into the car to make it go faster in the fast sections. I generally have the car set up to be a little tailhappy, but this course was to fast for that. With the slight understeer I was able to go much faster in those sections. The end result was that I got faster. I watched the other cars and could tell that in those sections that slight oversteer was limiting thier speed. Don't get me wrong I like the bigger rear bars, but they are not allowed in GS, and they do present new challenges in setup. I belive that in GS there is enough adjustability in setup between allignment, shock setting and air pressure to be competitive on most courses. The only exception I have found is very fast courses VS. Type R w/talented driver. I met one at the FW tour and he showed me who was boss! You are right on the money when you mention that the A/X should be all about fun. It is afterall an ameture sport and none of us make a living at it!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.