View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #4426
livinthelife62
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325600

Djent, I received some cash back, great finance rate, and they allowed me to keep 2012 pricing, which was a great deal. It was frustrating at times, but I just kept head in game, and used the extra weeks to put money aside as if paying for her. This allowed me to put even more down, saving substantially on my monthly payment.

As for driving the manual, I noticed the STi's clutch engages much faster than wrx, I haven't stalled a vehicle in a long time, and have stalled mine twice since I purchased it forty miles ago. Be patient, get into a wide open parking lot, and learn the friction zone of clutch (where it's starting to catch to fully engaged) once you get real good with smooth taken offs, work on slow maneuvering like backing into spots/parallel parking, then hill holds. It will come fast, just be patient and listen/feel the car. If it feels forced, your rushing it. Most people let out clutch too fast because they feel taking off is taking too long. Your clutch and throttle feathering will get better with experience. Best of luck.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
livinthelife62 is offline   Reply With Quote