Former Vendor

Member#: 206860
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
13 BRZ 05 92X Aero
White, Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jard View Post
Is the lead time really 4-6 months on orders? For example, if I wanted to buy a '13 Outback with the 6MT I assume that's a car that needs to be ordered?

How do you work out ordering a car with the VIP program as you aren't technically supposed to be contacting the dealer before enrolling in VIP and it only lasts 45 days?

(my mom just bought a '14 Forester up in western PA using the VIP program, so I had a chance to read the fine print)
Yep, depending on the car that you order it can be 4-6 months. Yep, if you have a very specific recipe for your 6MT planned out it would need to be ordered. If you can deal with a second color choice or different accessories than we could probably find a car on the ground.

Going through any of the buying programs - USAA, Costco, VIP, etc will require a dealer to either be creative or not take a deal. So most dealers will work with you on how the Sale Pricing Structure is set-up and when you will actually take delivery.

All of the buying programs stipulate that they are for in-stock units only. Kinda hard when you don't have any vehicles "in-stock" across the country.

I always reccomend to touch base with the dealer that you plan on working with, organize the deal and then engage the buying service when you are at or very close to actual delivery.

FYI - The Factory Order System for 2013MY Outback/Legacy has been closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo0stin5STI View Post
@Beyer,

Can you look up any VON using SubaruNet? Or only your dealers VON's?

I work for Honda and I can look up our orders, in transit status, and on order details, as well as other dealers thru IN
Nope. I don't have access to anything like this nor have I seen any of the Mgrs have this ability. We (Subaru) are just shy of telegraph status when it comes to orders, tracking orders and actual real ETA/Delivery Status'.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Beyer Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote