Old 07-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
WickedXj
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 189391
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2011 WK2

Default powdercoating/wheel finishing advice needed

So I am going to wrap up glass beading my sti bbs wheels this week and need to start making a decision about how to finish them. They're in great shape, but they were gold, and the paint quality was so-so when I got them. They now look this:

I have done a lot of searching on nasioc. There are a lot of threads warning that the baking process of powdercoating can weaken a forged wheel, but even more threads showing powdercoated wheels that look great. The only shop I can seem to find recommended is Hi_Pro in Langley. Can anyone suggest a shop in Vancouver/North Van/Burnaby area? Is anyone running powdercoated bbs's? I stopped in at a place after work today and lets just say he didn't oozed confidence or knowledge, I wouldn't trust him with my spare tire, nevermind my 5x100 bbs's I would like to deal with someone who is knowledgeable and who won't damage the wheels.

My other alternative is painting myself with Dupont spray cans. A member here did his a few months ago and I think they look great, this is also the kind of colour I am looking for.

So would like to hear some recommendations, and paying 200$ a wheel for painting isn't really one of them. BTW they are going on a UGM WRX.

Thanks in advance
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WickedXj is offline   Reply With Quote