Scooby Newbie

Member#: 319696
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru WRX STI
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmabluewrx View Post
I am sort of feeling like trading my 2012 WRX for a 2013 STi. Please do not start another debate, we all know it is simply a preference or money matter.

My question is to those of you who've traded a 2011-13 WRX for a 2011-2013 STi since I have seen a few posts where people did this.

1. What made you decide to do it?
2. Are you glad you did?
3. Comparing the 2 cars in daily driver fashion, what pros and cons did you notice after owning both?
4. Did you really see the 2mpg decrease?

My reasons are for the 6 speed's durability and I just feel like I should have gone hatch so it would be a good time to go STi.

Just curious here as I see tons of posts on trading earlier years but not much on the 2011+ and would like some opinions from those who've owned both.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdown fox View Post
I know I'm going to be in the minority with this one, but... My friend has a PBP stock '11 STI base sedan with no mods (yeh I know, even stock exhaust), and I have a '12 PBP WRX Limited sedan with Stage 1, SPT exhaust and a STI rear sway bar... I've driven his car around town and it's nice but I personally don't feel the need to trade up. As a daily driver, I like the better ride and less shifting with my WRX, but honestly they're both very livable on a daily basis.

Yes I know, with supporting mods the STI is the better car, but then again I'm satisfied with my WRX. I get around the same gas mileage as my WRX when I drive his STI... He gets even better because he drives like a granny.

My coworker traded in his stage 1 wrx (taht's the only mod he did) for an STI after driving mine. He initially wanted an STI but got talked into buying a wrx by the dealership.

eventually regreted that choice and a year later traded up to an STI. His reasonings mostly were that he liked the 6 speed transmission and stock suspension more than his wrx. he also mentioned he shoulda just went with his gut rather than trying to rationalize what's practical.

His wrx i noticed a 2mpg hit from the dash readings (his says 22 on his wrx while mine says 20 on my sti).

I guess in short is if you feel the urge, then its just a matter of time before u cave into it. might as well cave as soon as u can and move on with life! If you're totally stoked with the WRX, then you'd probably wouldnt make this thread.

edit: my buddy's an engineer & single so i would take that its easier for him to throw money around.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
crick0234 is offline   Reply With Quote