View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
Spyder01
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 261243

I've had the ohlins for 2ish years. It was the last of the DFV version. But the functions and look is the exact same as the Road and Track, they just renamed it the year after. The parts catalog is the same. Honestly, its held up much better than I expected, I drive a lot for work and I don't raise this car for winter. So even after all the salt and sand, this coilover had nothing seize, all the damper adjustments are still easily adjusted even in the middle of winter. So can't really ask for more.

The problem is I recently bent one of the top camber plate and I need to get it replaced. The damper itself is perfectly fine and still functioning properly. I"m talking to someone in the UK that has a connection with Ohlins sweden. So really, I'm looking for a coilover with more support, one that I can just make a phone call or shoot a email and the other end will know what I need and send the part right away instead of waiting a few weeks since driving the car so much, can't really have much down time on the car.

I ran it with the stock 9k 7k spec, daily driver with maybe 2 or 3 lapping days in the summer. They're just like how people have said, it is stiff, but the way it takes up bumps is much better than anything else. It doesn't have that bounce after a bump, but it takes the bump more harsh than stock for sure. I found the front maybe too stiff as all the other brands run 8k 8k, I'd like to try that, or even 7k 7k. And changing the springs would cost $ already, I may as well look at other brand just to give it a try.

The online community seem to love AST as a daily driver coilover, but I really want to hear more real life feedbacks. I've read everyone said all kinds of whiteline bushings were good too and end up buying a bunch and taking most off because either they don't last more than a few months, or the cons were more than the pros.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Spyder01 is offline   Reply With Quote