Scooby Guru

Member#: 9960
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
WRBlue Perl

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintluciascooby View Post
US dollars, they come from the UK 1300-1500 pounds landed USA
One thing that I find strange since I changed to the CF shaft I havent broken one rear axel up until that point I had gone through 8, 6 stock sti and two upgraded shafts from the uk. the second set of upgraded shafts have taken all I can throw at them without a murmer.
I wonder if how the shaft loads up on launch helps the shock to the drivetrain?
I believe that carbon fiber drive shafts to twist somewhat on the launch to absorb some of that shockload, which might be why you aren't breaking the axles anymore...

It's hard to say though which is the way to go for drag racing though.. The steel stocker would be dead reliable and take all you can throw at it, while on the other hand, the CF one although lighter, is likely not as bulletproof.. It would be crazy the way to go for road-racing though for sure. I'd be curious to see how well the CF shaft holds up in the long run

I'm thinking about getting in on one later on, but want to wait to see how they are holding up after a period of time.

Have you used this shaft yet?? Does it wobble at all at speed or introduce any vibrations or anything into the car??
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jigga is offline   Reply With Quote