Scooby Newbie

Member#: 285290
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza WRX 4dr
Lightning Red Pearl (LRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNGman View Post
The narrower the tire, the better traction for deeper snow. If you are looking at staying with an all season, I would think you could bump up to a 225/45/17. This should give you better dry traction, maybe better wet, and not much of a difference in deep snow. That should keep you close to the same overall height to keep your speedometer on track.

With all of that, I run a dedicated winter wheel/tire combination here in Minnesota. All seasons tend to be ok for everything but aren't really good at anything. I like the outstanding performance a dedicated winter tire provides, and also upgrade in summer handling a dedicated summer set up has. More of a cost up front, but I am just know having to replace my winter tires, (i purchased them used from Craig's list in 2008) and my summer set is still going strong.
I'd like to go this route maybe at a later date but right now I have no storage space for tires/wheels. I own a condo with outdoor garage spaces. Good to know though. Maybe in the future when my family moves.

I'm leaning on 225s. Especially since 09-10 have same wheel just 225 tires. I know there are no issues with fitment. We have snow but none like where you reside. Not much deep snow typically.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JayBoogs is offline   Reply With Quote