Member#: 22923
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

At the Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyletakahero View Post
Mike, we should actually setup a driving clinic that we can attend here in Alaska.

There was some fun that was had last night at Bartlette that would serve as a decent learning tool for a lot of drivers.
I'm always willing to work with people, provided we aren't flaunting illegal activities. I WILL NEVER STREET RACE!!! Do I go over the speed limit out in public sometimes?…sure, it happens occasionally. But I stay within my limits at all times, whether on two wheels or four. I'm mindful of hidden driveways and try to limit my speed in areas that I can't see the entire way with line of sight like hilly terrain. I always try to leave some margin of error and an out in case of an emergency. I constantly monitor the available traction and surface conditions too.

I prefer to work with people at closed course events. I encourage people to walk the course with me and try to show them what I am looking at, how to 'see' the course and things like gear selections or shift points. I did the instructor thing on occasion at several of last year's events and hope to be able to continue that. I have never quite understood folks' reluctance to use the instructors at the autocross events. I have had a lot of recent success with 'winning' events and championships but I am still a relative newcomer to autocross. I really enjoy having Jake, Ryan or others in my car during my early runs to critique me. It is good having people ride along at times too but I always like to have a couple runs by my lonesome.

I hope more will take me up on the offer for Ice racing. The seat time there is an excellent value.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Nomadgene is offline   Reply With Quote