altibaby
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 766
Vehicle:
MY00 2.5RS 4EAT
BRP

Thumbs up AT review...

My car is the first automatic RS with the Brullen headers, and my impression for the headers is very impressive.

First, my car is early MY00. There is NO CE light problems related to the headers since installed by Brullen (almost 5,300km/ 3 months & counting), I don't think I'll need the O2 relocation fix.

Second, I don't feel any low-end loss with the headers. Even if there was some loss, it's well below 2000rpm & it's not noticeable even for the AT. Note the headers will pull from 2500rpm & up.

City:
During lazy city cruising, my rpm stay under 2000rpm but with one light touch on the gas, the rpm jump to 2500rpm. When passing, usually I let the AT shifts itself around 3500~4000rpm & that's quite enough. The increase in torque & power is noticeable, as I don't need to floor the pedal and there is no need to rev high. I do need to keep more distance between the car in front & press my gas pedal with care.

The side affect after 3 months is -> my ECU learns my new "non aggressive" driving style , so it shifts smoothly around 3500~4000rpm constantly except for stop sign launch & highway condition… which make it harder if I want to rev to red line all of a sudden without manual shifting. Still, I don't have any tuning done on ECU or A/F ratio and this will be addressed latter this year.

Highway:
During highway... my car pulls strong & no problem keep accelerating from 120km~160km. I don't recommend exceeding speed limit but now my highway passing speed is well around 130km ~150km.

I would highly recommend Brullen headers/exhaust system even for people with automatic!
(Setup: Brullen header/catback, Cobb street cams, PRM intake, UR Pulley & Toyo Garit HT)

Benjamin
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
altibaby is offline   Reply With Quote