ericd735i
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 98802
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2005 9-2x
Black

Default RCE springs on a wagon

**edit**I've been speaking with Myles and if there are at least 25 people who will buy he can run a wagon-specific spring for us with the same rates as the current STi springs. Reply below and let me know what you want for ride heights. We are discussing the ride height only, initial feedback indicates everyone wants the firmer rates. Changing the rate also complicates things to the point where it isn't easily do-able.

For reference the car is an '05 Saabaru, wheels are 16x8 et48 Rota Slipstreams, shocks are Koni inserts. Swaybars are stock 20F/16R.

So far my impression is very positive. Ride is FIRM, but I like it, not harsh at all. Still playing with Koni settings. However the front has bottomed out a few times on harder edged bumps and holes. It's a bit low for my taste and the loss of travel up front is a concern, but the tradeoff is great handling. It finally feels more like my dearly departed '95 m3. I'd like another 15mm of ride height if Myles were ever to contemplate a wagon-specific offering, but other than that, so far so good.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ericd735i; 01-04-2007 at 01:11 PM. Reason: feedback
ericd735i is offline   Reply With Quote