Old 08-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #448
Jowie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 193291
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Sedan
OBP

Without knowing what the laws regarding warranties are in Singapore, don't know if we can say much if anything to help. In the US, there are laws in place regarding warranties:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

You may want to check to see if there are any similar laws in place in your country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick1980 View Post
Here my story goes :

This is wat happened:

On 10th August while crusing @ 90km/h, my engine oil warning light up, followed by Defi Oil temp and pressure giving warning, temp @ 130 degrees adn pressure at 0...
I pulled over and check my engine oil level but it was ok so i proceed to re crank the engine, it starts but obvious knocking sound was heard from the engine, i called for tow and send the car to agent workshop..Btw, singapore agent is called "motorimage".

After a day of problem finding, they called and informed me my engine requires an overhaul and con rod suspected faulty, but no exact cause was found as yet.
Further to that, they mentioned they are unable to warranty my car as i had changed to aftermarket exhaust (Fujitsubo FGK) althought it is a Jasma Certified, inspection approved and street legal.

Due to warranty void, i must choke up the overhauling charges estimated @ $5k sing dollars!!!
They needed my "green light" by accepting the charges and warranty void before they begin work on dismantling my engine to rectify!
I argued with the service manager i had the car was only 6 months old, at 9k miles but to no avail as their warranty stated no non-geninue subaru parts allowed and installed by 3rd party in 1 clause.

So i search around and come across this issues with 2008,2009Subaru WRX engines which seems to fit my exact engine problem, thus i am gathering all information needed to submit to Consumers Assiociation Singapore to make my stand..

Btw, any idea on the chassis number involved?
Mine is JF1GHEKD38G015784

Also, how is it that there was no annocement by the local agent on any recalls of vehicles?
Was there a cover up by the agent?
Supposing all Engines are manufacted by FHI, Japan???
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jowie is offline   Reply With Quote