xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling_death View Post
How much more noise is transmitted into the cabin? I'm planning on doing only the front bushing (& trans mount) when I get my car, as I feel it's too notchy with a short shifter and both bushings. I've done a few bushing installs and while I can do it without the trans brace removed, it's much easier to take it off. Grease helps get the shifter housing into the rear bushing also.
I noticed a little more whirr/whine at slow speeds and 3k+ rpm's while cruising (not really a normal situation, really only when I was trying to hear it). Mainly like in first or second gear. Once you get past that I don't hear it at all in my car. Exhaust/road noise is much louder so it's not something I am worried about.

Good tips on the install. I did grease up the rear bushing and that helped for sure. Without it, I would you you'd have an extremely hard time getting it on. I really don't find mine to be overly notchy with the extra bushing. The front ones really only firm up the forward/backward movement of the shifter. The rear helps to make the side to side movement feel more firm as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrheller View Post
Thanks to your thread, I think we will be putting those bushings and that short shifter in The Avery Project.

Nice build, big up!
Thank you! I hope you like them, but I really don't think you can go wrong with these parts.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote