View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
acewayne
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 434010
Default 04 WRX Lack of Power

Backstory. 04 WRX with 135k on it. Bought the car knowing it needed to maintenance and tune up. It had codes for a TGV being stuck closed, TGV sensor, and exhaust temp sensor. Upon putting gas in it for the first time I noticed it would stop pumping every few seconds and I would have to start again. It also had a leaky power steering pump and lack of power, it didn't really pull/accelerate at all.

Fast forward a bit. Parts taken off, replaced, and some maintenance done. Timing belt, water pump, power steering pump were all replaced. TGV's were taken off, cleaned, and the sensor was replaced. The front mount that was on the car was taken off and replaced with an OEM STI TMIC and BPV. The AEM intake was replaced with a Cobb SF intake and the stock inlet was replaced with a Perrin inlet. An accessport was added and tuned for stage 1. The fuel filter was also replaced.

Currently, aside from the lack of power and the gas pumping issue the car runs fine. However, it does feel like a 100hp car with no power whatsoever and 12PSI. When I go WOT it'll slowly make its way up to 5kish rpm, starts misfiring, and won't go above that. It wasn't showing any codes until last night when I attempted it again and the CEL was flashing and the code indicated a cylinder 2 misfire. I plan to change the plugs next, but at this point I'm not sure what could be causing the lack of power. I suppose checking the fuel pressure after the spark plugs will be next. Any suggestions?

TLDR:
04 WRX, stage 1 with cobb intake, perrin inlet, and STI TMIC.
Lack of power, hardly accelerates feeling like 100hp but builds 12 PSI.
Recent code was cylinder 2 misfire.
Plugs to be changed soon but doubt that will solve the problem.
Issue occurs regardless of stock or stage 1

I'm pretty new to subaru's so it's all still a learning experience. I own a 09 GTI as well so that's what I'm more familiar with.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
acewayne is offline   Reply With Quote