Old 08-07-2007, 06:36 PM   #20
AcquaCow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 36838
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2001 B50 RSTi Sedan
2011 DGM WRX hatch

So at this point...I've had 5 separate calls into 1-800-COMCAST to get Gmd's cable modem activated...

Each time they ask for name/address/phone...make/model/mac/serial of cable modem, then tell me that they have an error in their system and they need to escalate and put in a ticket with their tier II folks...

They tell me that I'll be good to go within 12-24 hours. So I wait 12-24 and no dice, each time.

Yesterday I went ape on the poor canadian guy who answered. Got a ticket put in for "Manual provisioning" whatever the 'f that means.

I finally got the modem light to go solid today (after 24 hours). I updated my IP info, went to hit the net and was greeted with a lovely "Welcome to Comcast" internet page. This is the page where they have you download software to setup your computer.

The software is pretty clever, it even asked if this was a new modem on the account, so I said "yes" thinking all my troubles were over. Upon clicking "yes" it told me that I again, needed to call 1-800-COMCAST to have them add this cable modem to my account

So feeling hopeful since the modem finally stopped blinking and returned me some data, I called again, waited on hold, name/address/ssn...make/model/serial/mac, ERROR!!! have to put in a ticket to have tier II look at it again

God damnit. I'm never going to see internet at home again before I move

-- Dave
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AcquaCow is offline   Reply With Quote