Scooby Guru

Member#: 314216
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzi 1 View Post
Good info on the gain settings. Thanks.

BTW, my question regarding where you located it pertains to where in the car, as opposed to Crutchfield. Did you use the power lead for the HU as Alpine advertizes you can?

Wiring is not a concern to me. That is, for me, a piece of cake. Everything I have read suggests the wires that come with it are too short so I expect to need to extend those.

I am in the process of getting the harness from DC for a camera and the eventual amp install. I'll probably wait until I have good weather and do it all at once though.

John
wires are plenty long, i should have actually cut off 6" on both sides, but I'm just stuffing them under the radio/behind the HVAC controls. I made a bracket, zip tied it to the metal supports, and zip tied the amp to it. it is a perfect fit

yes, i just tapped into the power/ground/remote lead for the power/turn on signal for the amp. I didn't use the antenna power because that is only active with the radio mode. top of my head, i don't remember what i used for the remote. SVXd told me what to use, i might still have the email.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&postcount=272

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by flyboy1100; 02-20-2013 at 12:44 PM.
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote