Old 09-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
JonM in MN
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 133956
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Sedan
WR Blue

Default Holy B@lls! I'm Stage 2!! And questions...

4/00 --- read my first article about the WRX. `It'll do ---what?!?!?!'
2/03 --- researched modding a WRX and decided `this is something I'll do someday'
5/03 --- took delivery of my new 04 WRX.
12/06--- after lurking for months, joined NASIOC.
1/07 ----bought an Accessport in the classifieds and flashed to Stage 1 --- @ 80K miles. A nice bump ---decided to do Stage 2 `soon'.
9/25/07 -- Finally got to Stage 2.

Modern Auto Performance in Plymouth MN hooked me up with the Invidia V2 (catless) and bolted 'er up for me last night. Great guys, I recommend them. I drove home on my Stage 1 Cobb map and it felt a bit stronger.

I flashed to Stage 2 91 Octane later last night and took her for a spin --- that's a nice upgrade, very noticeble increase in power and faster spool.

The extra sound isn't bad. There's a whistle from the turbo at low RPMs and a bit more rat a tat under partial throttle. It takes some getting used to but I can handle it.

I'm a bit surprised by the smell though. I knew there'd be some, and maybe I'm just sensitive, but it is VERY noticeable whenever I stop.

Does this ever go away? Fade with time?

I'm currently running the stock catback. I know I'll free up a few extra HP with an upgrade --- anybody have a good estimate as to how many? I'm thinking my next mod will be sways --- that I'll feel that more than I would the catback --- I'm not looking to get louder or look meaner or anything like that.

Thanks for reading.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JonM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote