Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (6)

Member#: 217382
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckiWRX View Post
Mike,

Thanks for the info. So according to your rep, customers who want to factory order a 2012 are SOL until further notice? Will those allocation cars be customizable at port at least or is it a 'we'll find something that's as close to the one you want as possible, but maybe not the exact one' deal?

Also, did the logical reasons for not opening up ordering include variations of the phrase 'to promote the oMg ALL NEW 2012 Impreze!!!1one!1?'

Thanks again for posting the pricing info

I was asked not to go into too much detail on the D.O.S. not officially being open yet. However, it is not how you are making it out. It has to do with supply and demand, and Subaru of America wants badly to open the system. Hypothetically, If SoA opened the system and it was flooded with 1200 orders, it is now on the factory in Japan to ensure that those 1200 are built, shipped and delivered within 6-8 weeks as promised by the dealers. I know for a fact that many of us would be pissed off if it took much longer than the 6-8 weeks to get their cars.

It only makes logical sense to ensure that the factory in Japan is able to catch all the way back up from the Tsunami before opening the order system for 2012 WRX/STi. Let us not forget that the 2012 *new* Impreza was supposed to have been delivered to Dealers by September before the Tsunami. It has most to do with supply, and also what will keep the customers happiest given the shortage of cars.

Underpromise and overdeliver applies here.

The good news is that the kind of relationship I personally, and Evanston Subaru has with SoA gives us opportunities that few other dealers get. I can track down almost any color and trim level car out there and work with other dealers to get those cars swapped to me.

To your final question about "port installed accessorries":
There is a ~4 week window from the car being assigned to me, to it recieving a VIN# and hitting port, where I can still modify the "port installed" accessory list. This would happen easily in most all scenarios other than me trying to switch one of my ioncoming WRX/STi with another dealer. In those cases it will be based on how far out the car is from arriving.

Example: If you took that one STi I listed above
Quote:
STi 5 door with Navi Ice Silver - MSRP: 39,021.00 ETA: No Vin# yet "Month of November" :-)
You will note I said it has no VIN# yet, and status of "Month of November"...
That car I could still swap all accessories around except the fact it has Navi (done in Japan).

Hope that helps Bucki!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff]Omar Aziz[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff]Sales Consultant[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff]847-869-5700 x1213[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff]Cell 847-650-6627 [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff]"Every passing Moment is Another Chance to Turn it All Around"[/COLOR][/FONT]

Last edited by Evanston Subaru; 10-31-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote