LostAndFound
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 253380
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post

People shouldn't be pinning this on age, though. How many videos are there on Youtube of guys in muscle cars/exotics that hit the gas around a turn and wrecked their lambo or something of the sort? Plenty. Like has been said, it's all about mindset. I feel this matters less about age and more about examples that have been given. Some 50 year olds just seem to have not grown up enough to be able to handle the cars.

I'm 18 and I honestly feel more responsible in my car than most elderly folks in the area with ratrods and all. They're constantly driving like ********, starting ****, road rage, going fast all the time.. You name it.

Exactly my point.
I bet he thought the same thing. "I'm 17 and a good driver for my age", and then stupid just kicked in one night. It's unfortunate, and I think most of us have done stupid things and thankfully survived.

I did stupid things and I always thought I was a good driver, and I was, but still no where near as good of a driver as I am now. The difference is now I'm way more aware of how vulnerable I am, and how many things can go wrong not in my control, and don't do stupid things anymore.

Age had something to do with it, and his fast car had something to do with it. That you can't see this, proves you're still too young to understand.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.